You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. – C.S. Lewis
This is a place where I divulge what I’m currently reading. I love books, and for the past two years, I have set a goal to read a certain amount each year. For 2018, I’m reading 20 books.
I’m currently reading this book, Papillon by Henri Charriere. A remake film was released this year, although I did not see it. I bought this book solely because it was featured in Barnes & Noble, where I buy most of my books. It’s nonfiction, a genre I want to read more of. I’m liking it so far. It’s kind of a boy book, but I’m so used to reading “chick lit,” I decided to switch it up and read books I normally don’t read.
Also, I am an active member on Goodreads. Feel free to check out my reviews there!
Here are the books I’ve read so far this year based on enjoyment. In parentheses are the genres. You can click on each book for more info about it on Goodreads.
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris (Nonfiction)
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley (YA)
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (YA)
- The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon (YA)
- The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur (Poetry)
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell (Psychology)
- The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace (Poetry)
- The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers (Christian-Fiction)
- Fearless 2: Twisted; Kiss; Payback by Francine Pascal (YA)
- The Autobiography of Malcom X by Malcolm X (Nonfiction
- My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier (Fiction)
- Finding the Love of Jesus from Genesis to Revelation by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick (Christian-Religion)
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (Fiction)
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis (Psychology)